New Job

It's public news by now, but I'm just recording on the blog for posterity. Last Monday I started a fulltime job, the first one I've had since exactly 11 years ago when I gave up an office position to have my first baby. Since then I've worked (and played) from home, at my own pace, on my own timetable. But less than a month ago, things started changing.

When two trusted writer friends sent me the same link for the same job application on the same day, I figured I'd better take a look. Perfect fit, it appeared, and based in DFW where I live. Several weeks of conversations with God and my husband ensued, because we still have a toddler at home and never thought we'd voluntarily give up that time with him. So, were we being tempted by the seemingly awesome job, or was this truly a gift we couldn't pass up? Did we stick to our timetable no matter what, or should we consider that God had an alternative plan?

Tough questions to which answers are impossible to know. But over time the peace came, and we decided to trust that this was God's provision for our family and for my professional advancement. So, we'll see, won't we?? I'm pretty sure that He'll hold us in the palm of His hand regardless.

In the meantime, enjoy the introductory blog post I wrote this week. Take a peek at the site I'm editing for, FaithVillage. I'm teamed up with a great group of guys. Maybe all those years of brothers and sons and loving sports were just preparation for working with yet another group of men. :)

Comments