Wheels and Deals

It's been a busy month, as any new mom would know. Adding a fourth just made life with the other 3 a little crazier, but we've been doing well. Gabe sleeps fairly well, sometimes even at night! Just kidding--he's getting better and better at going to sleep soon after he nurses in the wee hours. And thankfully he likes his car seat, since I'm back to the carpool and grocery shopping routine. A bonus--that routine now includes our brand new-to-us Suburban! I can't begin to describe how much I'm enjoying that tank. I may not be queen of the world, but I'm head and shoulders above most everyone else :).

While we are home, I spend a lot of time trying to catch up on work, check emails, balance checkbooks (expecting those medical bills any day now), and keep up with the household management. Part of that includes shopping with my coupons and trying to get the best deal I can find without driving to all parts of the Metroplex.

My friend Melissa started sharing through her blog about the freebies and coupons and other sorts of money-saving deals she has been finding. Following her blog led me to others. I thought you might be interested, especially you 2 or 3 who aren't already friends of Melissa ;).

My Dallas Mommy
Freebies 4 Mom

I added all 3 of these blogs/sites to my Google Reader, so I get each update soon after they post. I can click on whichever ones interest me. For instance, just this morning I found a big sale at Barnes and Noble--their former bestsellers are now $3.99. I also learned about the Pizza Hut "Book It" program, in which kids can earn free pizza (always a hit at my house) when they read books (another winner). And I've downloaded the latest coupons from Babies R Us. All in the last half hour.

Of course these sites list many more items and events than I'll ever participate in (or I'd go broke and therefore defeat the whole purpose of trying to save money), but I can pick and choose those deals that apply best to me and my family. Yesterday I bought 2 bottles of "ALL" detergent for $2 each--a major steal--thanks to tips and coupons provided by these sites. And the deals are fun to pass along, like the Murphy USA (Walmart) gas coupon for $2 that I forwarded to family and friends whom I know live close to a Walmart...

In addition to saving money, I'm trying to earn it. To further that endeavor, I did complete another book review in February. Check out my thoughts on Screen Play here.

Comments

Amanda said…
I love to coupon but after having E I really started slacking in the coupon department! Thanks for these new blogs - I have really got to get my coupon book caught back up!

Gabe is adorable!