Feeling Prolific

Life is seemingly productive around here. I've shared links to my latest book reviews (just scroll to my most recent posts), and I've got (at least) two more reviews lined up for November. My interview with an Israeli grad of DTS will appear in the upcoming issue of Kindred Spirit (it's coming soon--I just proofed the final draft). Today I received my copy of my latest project to be published: Insight's Old Testament Handbook.

And, oh yeah, I'm six months pregnant. With my fourth child.

Prolific indeed.

The Old Testament Handbook is a resource, meant to be used by anyone reading any part of the OT. Each chapter gives historical background, introduces major themes and characters, and explains the significance of that particular OT book. Insight for Living, the teaching ministry of Chuck Swindoll (former president of my alma mater, Dallas Seminary, and longtime pastor), produced and published this manual as part of their collection of biblical handbooks.

I'm one of two writers--we split the material and I took the first 19 books, which are mostly history and law. I also wrote an appendix explaining the Apocrypha. The actual writing took place back in February and March, when I spent eight weeks immersed in this project. So really, I haven't thought about this project much since before summer, but here it is to enjoy and share.

Want to check it out? Click here!

And as for that other ongoing project, I'm headed for my OB checkup on Friday :).

Comments

My Kids' Mom said…
Oh my gosh! That OT book is going on my Christmas list! Can't wait to read it!!!!

And, keep us posted on the other "project" as well. :)