Cringe-worthy Love Songs

As Valentine's Day approaches, I've noticed the media ruminating on various love-related topics. I just spent the last 10 minutes laughing out loud at this article on the "20 Worse Love Songs."

Read and laugh your way through it, then tell me what other songs you think should make the list.

My vote: Love Shack, by the B-52s

a few lyrics, lest ye have forgotten:
The Love Shack is a little old placewhere we can get together
Love Shack baby, Love Shack bay-bee.
Love baby, that's where it's at,
Ooo love baby, that's where it's at

Sign says.. Woo... stay away fools,'cause love rules at the Lo-o-ove Shack!Well it's set way back in the middle of a field,
Just a funky old shack and I gotta get back

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway

The Love Shack is a little old placewhere we can get together
Love Shack bay-bee! Love Shack baby!
Love Shack, that's where it's at!
Huggin' and a kissin', dancin' and a lovin',wearin' next to nothing
Cause it's hot as an oven
The whole shack shimmies!


Um, I think, NO! Not my idea of romantic, inspiring, or remotely loving!
Funny, though.

Comments